Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
Social Media ResearchMy publications can be found in SHURA the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Follow Social Media for Learning on WordPress.com
- Hypothes.is – a digital annotation tool for collaborative and active reading
- A virtual presentation at #BETT2017 in a 3D Lecture Theatre using @mirradorltd’s ALiS Online #ALiSOnline
- Social Media Etiquette [Infographic]
- 115 facts about social media [infographic]
- Student feedback on #SocMedHE16 Social Media for Learning in Higher Education Conference
- #SocMedHE15 advanced search audio AudioBoo Blogger Blogs Chrome conference copyright CPD Creative Commons Creative Commons licenses Delicious Design Diigo Education emoticons Entertainment Erik Qualman flickr Gmail Google+ Google Alerts Google Drive Google Hangouts on Air GoogleMaps Google Scholar GoogleStreetView hashtag Identity theft images infographics jargon Kickstarter lifewide learning Lists logo Mari Smith MySpace Netvibes networking Online Communities online presence online reputation Pageflakes passwords pedagogy Periscope Phishing photos PPDP professional RSS safety security SEO shortcuts Slideshare social business social media revolution Social network Social Networking Socialnomics StreetView Symbaloo tagging tips Tumblr Tweet Chat video Vine Wikimedia Foundation Wikipedia WordPress YouTube
Author Archives: Sue Beckingham
A virtual presentation at #BETT2017 in a 3D Lecture Theatre using @mirradorltd’s ALiS Online #ALiSOnline
This post shares the presentation I gave virtually at #BETT2017. The topic was ‘Using social media for learning and teaching’. Below you can view a recording of this presentation and experience the fantastic virtual space it took place in. The … Continue reading
This post is re-blogged from a post I submitted to ACES News – This is a news packed blog led by Yve Appleton containing stories about students and staff in the Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering, and Sciences (ACES) at … Continue reading
Originally posted on The WordPress.com Blog:
Earlier this year we were proud to announce that WordPress.com users’s sites would automatically support Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) — a new open-source project spearheaded by Google to dramatically improve the performance of…
VVS (Vertical Video Syndrome) is internet slang for the [perceived by some guilty] act of recording video using an upright mobile phone, as if you were taking a portrait photograph (rather than standard landscape video, as we are used … Continue reading
When was the last time you googled yourself? Some may ask why on earth would I want to do that? Well it is an effective way of finding out what others can learn about you from the Internet. What information … Continue reading