Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
Social Media ResearchMy publications can be found in SHURA the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive
National Teaching Fellow/Principal Lecturer/SFHEA/CMALT at Sheffield Hallam University. Tweets from @suebecks. Connect through linkedin.com/in/suebeckingham.com
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Follow Social Media for Learning on WordPress.com
- Guest post 2: A Remote Learning Guide written by Students for Students: How to ensure your remote learning experience is effective, supportive and fun. #shuSMASH
- Guest post: A student toolkit to help you tackle remote learning written by students for students
- The Global Digital Stat Report 2019 by WeAreSocial and Hootsuite
- Time saving online tips (you may have forgotten you know)!
- How to create comic versions of photos using your phone and why you might want to!
- advanced search
- Creative Commons
- Creative Commons licenses
- Erik Qualman
- Google Alerts
- Google Drive
- Google Hangouts on Air
- Google Scholar
- guest post
- Identity theft
- lifewide learning
- Mari Smith
- Online Communities
- online presence
- online reputation
- SMASH team
- social business
- social media revolution
- Social network
- Social Networking
- Tweet Chat
- Wikimedia Foundation
Monthly Archives: January 2017
A virtual presentation at #BETT2017 in a 3D Lecture Theatre using @mirradorltd’s ALiS Online #ALiSOnline
This post shares the presentation I gave virtually at #BETT2017. The topic was ‘Using social media for learning and teaching’. Below you can view a recording of this presentation and experience the fantastic virtual space it took place in. The … Continue reading
This post is re-blogged from a post I submitted to ACES News – This is a news packed blog led by Yve Appleton containing stories about students and staff in the Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering, and Sciences (ACES) at … Continue reading