Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
Social Media ResearchMy publications can be found in SHURA the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive
National Teaching Fellow/Principal Lecturer/SFHEA/CMALT at Sheffield Hallam University. Tweets from @suebecks. Connect through linkedin.com/in/suebeckingham.com
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Follow Social Media for Learning on WordPress.com
- Guest post 2: A Remote Learning Guide written by Students for Students: How to ensure your remote learning experience is effective, supportive and fun. #shuSMASH
- Guest post: A student toolkit to help you tackle remote learning written by students for students
- The Global Digital Stat Report 2019 by WeAreSocial and Hootsuite
- Time saving online tips (you may have forgotten you know)!
- How to create comic versions of photos using your phone and why you might want to!
- advanced search
- Creative Commons
- Creative Commons licenses
- Erik Qualman
- Google Alerts
- Google Drive
- Google Hangouts on Air
- Google Scholar
- guest post
- Identity theft
- lifewide learning
- Mari Smith
- Online Communities
- online presence
- online reputation
- SMASH team
- social business
- social media revolution
- Social network
- Social Networking
- Tweet Chat
- Wikimedia Foundation
Monthly Archives: January 2015
SlideShare was founded in October 2006 and acquired by LinkedIn in May 2012. It allows users to easily upload and share presentations, infographics, documents, videos, PDFs, and webinars. These can also be easily added to your LinkedIn profile, which provides … Continue reading
My favoured learning technologies consist of my laptop, smartphone, notebook and pen. I still find it quicker to make notes on paper, rather than type. I tend to go for a pencil with attached eraser over a pen. The digital devices … Continue reading
Tweetchats A TweetChat is a virtual meeting or gathering on Twitter to discuss a common topic. The chat usually lasts one hour and will include some questions to stimulate discussion. In order to be able to view tweets relating to … Continue reading