Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
Social Media ResearchMy publications can be found in SHURA the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Follow Social Media for Learning on WordPress.com
- Student Guest Blogpost: SMASH (Social Media for Academic Studies at Hallam)
- Creating and using YouTube playlists for learning and teaching
- Celebrating learning gain and teaching excellence through social media and digital narratives
- Digital Stories – Creating Moments on Twitter
- Tweetdeck: some useful keyboard shortcuts
- #SocMedHE15 advanced search audio AudioBoo Blogger Blogs Chrome conference copyright CPD Creative Commons Creative Commons licenses Delicious Design Diigo Education emoticons Entertainment Erik Qualman flickr Gmail Google+ Google Alerts Google Drive Google Hangouts on Air GoogleMaps Google Scholar GoogleStreetView hashtag Identity theft images infographics jargon Kickstarter lifewide learning Lists logo Mari Smith MySpace Netvibes networking Online Communities online presence online reputation Pageflakes passwords pedagogy Periscope Phishing photos PPDP professional RSS safety security SEO shortcuts Slideshare social business social media revolution Social network Social Networking Socialnomics StreetView Symbaloo tagging tips Tumblr Tweet Chat video Vine Wikimedia Foundation Wikipedia WordPress YouTube
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Vine is a new way to share video. This free app (currently only available for iPhone and iPod Touch) allows the user to record and then embed a 6 second video directly in a tweet. You can choose to record one scene … Continue reading
http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/gallery/index.html I follow Google in Education on Google+ and come across a variety of interesting posts. For those not familiar with Google+ take a look at the information I’ve written about this social networking site. The post that caught my eye on … Continue reading