Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Social Media ResearchMy publications can be found in SHURA the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Follow Social Media for Learning on WordPress.com
- #SocMedHE15 advanced search audio AudioBoo Blogger Blogs Chrome conference copyright Creative Commons Creative Commons licenses Delicious Design Diigo Education Entertainment Erik Qualman Facebook flickr Gmail Google+ Google Drive Google Hangouts on Air GoogleMaps Google Scholar GoogleStreetView hashtag Identity theft images infographics jargon Kickstarter lifewide learning LinkedIn Lists logo Mari Smith MySpace Netvibes networking Online Communities online presence online reputation Pageflakes passwords pedagogy Periscope Phishing photos professional RSS safety security SEO shortcuts Slideshare social business social media revolution Social network Social Networking Socialnomics social presence StreetView Symbaloo tagging tips Tumblr Tweet Chat Twitter video Vine Wikimedia Foundation Wikipedia WordPress YouTube
- Why ‘googling’ yourself should be part of your digital health check
- Sharing is caring (inspired by @veletsianos)
- Organising tweets into Lists and Collections using Tweetdeck
- Capturing those golden nuggets of information: the art of digital curation
- New on WordPress.com: Sharing Buttons for WhatsApp, Telegram, and Skype
Tag Archives: Lists
Creating lists is a way to filter the tweets you read into topics. Currently when you view your timeline you will see Tweets from everyone you follow, along with retweets. Wouldn’t it be nice to zoom in on Tweets from … Continue reading
Aside from the Twitter web page, there are a number of different ways you can view tweets. Two of my favourites are: curating tweets to produce a digital style newspaper and showcasing tweets as a back channel that can be … Continue reading