Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
Social Media ResearchMy publications can be found in SHURA the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Follow Social Media for Learning on WordPress.com
- How to save a hashtag search on Twitter
- Need to get more organised? Meet Google Keep: save your thoughts, wherever you are and with who you want to
- Creating an effective university communication plan
- Student Guest Blogpost: SMASH (Social Media for Academic Studies at Hallam)
- Creating and using YouTube playlists for learning and teaching
- #SocMedHE15 advanced search audio AudioBoo Blogger Blogs Chrome conference copyright CPD Creative Commons Creative Commons licenses Delicious Design Diigo Education emoticons Entertainment Erik Qualman flickr Gmail Google+ Google Alerts Google Drive Google Hangouts on Air GoogleMaps Google Scholar GoogleStreetView hashtag Identity theft images infographics jargon Kickstarter lifewide learning Lists logo Mari Smith MySpace Netvibes networking Online Communities online presence online reputation Pageflakes passwords pedagogy Periscope Phishing photos PPDP professional RSS safety security SEO shortcuts Slideshare social business social media revolution Social network Social Networking Socialnomics StreetView Symbaloo tagging tips Tumblr Tweet Chat video Vine Wikimedia Foundation Wikipedia WordPress YouTube
Monthly Archives: December 2014
Below are some useful tips on making the most of the landing page on blogs and websites. Thanks to Copyblogger who has given permission to reproduce the infographic a landing page is any page on a website where traffic is sent … Continue reading
In December 2014 I was invited by Professor Albert Sangrà to speak at the Open University of Catalonia in Barcelona, Spain. Whilst there I also ran a workshop for the Edul@b research team to look at how social media could be … Continue reading
Introduction Pinterest provides a space to save ideas that you want to come back to, by capturing an image or video file and the URL connected to this item as a Pin. Pins are visual bookmarks for interesting things you find … Continue reading
Some excellent tips weaved into this humorous Dr Seuss inspired Guide to Twitter created by Hootsuite. Hootsuite Hootsuite is a social media dashboard that can help you to manage and measure your social networks. It enables you to: Manage multiple … Continue reading
What is an emoticon? An emoticon is short for ’emotion icon’ and is a visual representation of a facial expression or body posture to convey mood, attitude or emotion used initially in e-mail and text messages. The most well known is the … Continue reading