Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social Media
Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
Social Media ResearchMy publications can be found in SHURA the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive
Sue is a National Teaching Fellow and Principal Lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University. She is Certified Management and Business Educator, Senior Fellow of the HEA, a Fellow of the Staff and Educational Development Association and a Certified Member of the Association of Learning Technology. Sue is also a Visiting Fellow at Edge Hill University.
Tweets as @suebecks and can be found on LinkedIn here https://www.linkedin.com/in/suebeckingham/
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Follow Social Media for Learning on WordPress.com
- LinkedIn tips for students looking for placements or graduate job vacancies
- Twitter feed getting a little congested? Muting tweets may be the solution to resolve this!
- Collaborative interactive project management tools: a visual way to identify and progress tasks
- Festive CPD: Using Twitter to engage in bite sized learning activities
- Social learning: bite size practice webinars and a new national repository for teaching resources
- advanced search
- Creative Commons
- Creative Commons licenses
- Erik Qualman
- Google Drive
- Google Hangouts on Air
- Google Scholar
- guest post
- Identity theft
- lifewide learning
- Mari Smith
- Online Communities
- online presence
- online reputation
- SMASH team
- social business
- social media revolution
- Social network
- Social Networking
- Tweet Chat
- Wikimedia Foundation
Monthly Archives: June 2013
A hashtag is a word or a phrase prefixed with the symbol #. They have been used for some time by Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Chris Messina was the first to introduce them to Twitter. Searching for a hashtag will bring together … Continue reading