Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
Social Media ResearchMy publications can be found in SHURA the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Follow Social Media for Learning on WordPress.com
- Celebrating learning gain and teaching excellence through social media and digital narratives
- Digital Stories – Creating Moments on Twitter
- Tweetdeck: some useful keyboard shortcuts
- Hypothes.is – a digital annotation tool for collaborative and active reading
- A virtual presentation at #BETT2017 in a 3D Lecture Theatre using @mirradorltd’s ALiS Online #ALiSOnline
- #SocMedHE15 advanced search audio AudioBoo Blogger Blogs Chrome conference copyright CPD Creative Commons Creative Commons licenses Delicious Design Diigo Education emoticons Entertainment Erik Qualman flickr Gmail Google+ Google Alerts Google Drive Google Hangouts on Air GoogleMaps Google Scholar GoogleStreetView hashtag Identity theft images infographics jargon Kickstarter lifewide learning Lists logo Mari Smith MySpace Netvibes networking Online Communities online presence online reputation Pageflakes passwords pedagogy Periscope Phishing photos PPDP professional RSS safety security SEO shortcuts Slideshare social business social media revolution Social network Social Networking Socialnomics StreetView Symbaloo tagging tips Tumblr Tweet Chat video Vine Wikimedia Foundation Wikipedia WordPress YouTube
Monthly Archives: October 2015
Last week Twitter announced that they were rolling out a new poll option that you can use within a Tweet. Users will be able to create their own two-choice poll right directly from the Tweet compose box and it will remain … Continue reading
What is Pinterest? Pinterest is a social bookmarking site that allows users to visually share and discover new interests by posting (known as ‘pinning’) images or videos to their own or others’ boards (i.e. a collection of ‘pins,’ usually with a … Continue reading
Tweeting and brevity go hand in hand. With just 140 characters it is important that our tweeted messages are succinct, make sense, and are engaging. There are a number of pointers that can help to increase engagement.
Social CPD Social Media at its best is interactive and sparks dialogue, discussion, debate, questions and the opportunity for social learning with others. Of course it can also be useful to both broadcast useful information and be the conduit … Continue reading
Who are you Tweeting to? This is an important question to consider. It may be that you have just started Tweeting and deciding who you think might be interesting to follow. As you become more confident it is likely that … Continue reading