Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
Social Media ResearchMy publications can be found in SHURA the Sheffield Hallam University Research Archive
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Follow Social Media for Learning on WordPress.com
- How to save a hashtag search on Twitter
- Need to get more organised? Meet Google Keep: save your thoughts, wherever you are and with who you want to
- Creating an effective university communication plan
- Student Guest Blogpost: SMASH (Social Media for Academic Studies at Hallam)
- Creating and using YouTube playlists for learning and teaching
- #SocMedHE15 advanced search audio AudioBoo Blogger Blogs Chrome conference copyright CPD Creative Commons Creative Commons licenses Delicious Design Diigo Education emoticons Entertainment Erik Qualman flickr Gmail Google+ Google Alerts Google Drive Google Hangouts on Air GoogleMaps Google Scholar GoogleStreetView hashtag Identity theft images infographics jargon Kickstarter lifewide learning Lists logo Mari Smith MySpace Netvibes networking Online Communities online presence online reputation Pageflakes passwords pedagogy Periscope Phishing photos PPDP professional RSS safety security SEO shortcuts Slideshare social business social media revolution Social network Social Networking Socialnomics StreetView Symbaloo tagging tips Tumblr Tweet Chat video Vine Wikimedia Foundation Wikipedia WordPress YouTube
Category Archives: Facebook
Image source: Pixabay You may have noticed videos within Facebook posts, automatically playing in your news feed. Watching videos (and streaming music) tend to use quite a bit of data, so you may want to consider your options. You can … Continue reading
I received the message below when I logged into Facebook. It was a useful prompt to check my privacy settings, something we should ALL do at regular intervals. Are you aware that you can make the choice to share your posts … Continue reading
Getting to grips with Facebook settings is an important part of being in control of your online presence. We all love sharing updates and photos, but are you sharing them more publicly than you think? Take a look at who … Continue reading
A hashtag is a word or a phrase prefixed with the symbol #. They have been used for some time by Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Chris Messina was the first to introduce them to Twitter. Searching for a hashtag will bring together … Continue reading
There are so many time saving keystroke tips and tricks around and yet many of us (including myself) have either simply just not picked them up or along the way forgotten what they are! David Pogue talks about some really useful ones … Continue reading
The sharing of images online through social media sites has become increasingly easy to do. Many of us can now take a photo using our mobile phone and share almost instantly via our digital social channels such as Facebook and … Continue reading