Definitions of netiquette
- The informal code of behaviour on the internet
- Rules about the proper and polite way to communicate with other people when you are using the Internet
- The etiquette of the Internet; polite online behavior
- A breach of netiquette might include writing an e-mail message in all capital letters because it looks like you are shouting
- Netiquette or good etiquette on the net now includes a wide variety of online spaces such as email, discussion boards, social networks, chat and texts
Advice: Think before you post
Rules of netiquette
The infographic below was created by Touro College’s Online Education Department and provides a useful list of 15 rules relating to netiquette for online discussion boards. The rules can also be applied to any social networking site or other online communication forum.
Please include this attribution to the Online Education Blog of Touro College with this graphic.