The social media etiquette guide for business presented below as an infographic provides some excellent tips that ALL users of social media can learn from and adopt. It is important to consider etiquette both as polite and acceptable behaviours but also more generally as good practices we should adopt when using social media.
The guide looks at Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
For anyone using social media in a professional context the following are useful tips to consider:
- Provide value when sharing information with your connections
- Be polite – this in not a space for public ranting.
- Remember that in the main social media is a dialogue not a monologue – follow up responses to your updates when connections ask questions, give feedback and comments
- Credit others when you share their work ideally including their user name
- Pay forward by sharing useful content written by others and reciprocity will follow
- Use relevant hashtags in posts but use them sparingly
- Be sure that your bio reflects who you are as a professional
More tips to follow below.
A Visual Guide to Social Media Etiquette – An infographic by the team at Social Media Etiquette
Public domain header image