SocialMedia4UsThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Quick tip on how to disable autoplay of videos on Facebook and conserve your data allowance
- Using Google Alerts for your research
- Let me tell you a secret… Tips from a Journalist on blogging
- How public is your private information on social media?
- The History of #Hashtags from humble # sign to hyperlinked verb
Tag Archives: Google Hangouts on Air
YouTube continues to provide a social forum that entertains us through videos uploaded by individuals all over the world. In it’s 7th year (yes prior to 2005 there was no YouTube!) is now owned by Google. Three hours of video … Continue reading