Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Using Pinterest to bookmark those special things buried in the too-wide web
- A Dr Seuss inspired Guide to using Twitter
- A scaffolded approach to develop digital and social media skills to support PERSONALised student PPDP
- Emoticons and emojis: a brief introduction to the history and current use in social media dialogue
- Quick tip on how to disable autoplay of videos on Facebook and conserve your data allowance
Tag Archives: Facebook
I received the message below when I logged into Facebook. It was a useful prompt to check my privacy settings, something we should ALL do at regular intervals. Are you aware that you can make the choice to share your posts … Continue reading
A hashtag is a word or a phrase prefixed with the symbol #. They have been used for some time by Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Chris Messina was the first to introduce them to Twitter. Searching for a hashtag will bring together … Continue reading