SocialMedia4UsThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Using Pinterest to bookmark those special things buried in the too-wide web
- A Dr Seuss inspired Guide to using Twitter
- A scaffolded approach to develop digital and social media skills to support PERSONALised student PPDP
- Emoticons and emojis: a brief introduction to the history and current use in social media dialogue
- Quick tip on how to disable autoplay of videos on Facebook and conserve your data allowance
Category Archives: Safety
Identity theft is a form of stealing someone’s identity in which someone pretends to be someone else by assuming that person’s identity, usually as a method to gain access to resources or obtain credit and other benefits in that person’s … Continue reading
Having just watched an excellent screencast on how to spot a phishing scam created by Nik Peachey, I wanted to share his excellent tips. Phishing is the act of attempting to acquire information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details (and … Continue reading
Safety We are all using the web more than ever before and saving information including digital photos and videos on our laptops, tablets and PCs; shopping online and sharing information via the social networks we have joined. Something we need … Continue reading