Social Media for LearningThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- advanced search audio AudioBoo Blogger Blogs Chrome conference copyright Creative Commons Creative Commons licenses Delicious Design Diigo Education emoticons Entertainment Erik Qualman Facebook flickr Gmail Google+ Google Alerts Google Drive Google Hangouts on Air GoogleMaps Google Scholar GoogleStreetView hashtag Identity theft images infographics jargon Kickstarter lifewide learning LinkedIn Lists logo Mari Smith MySpace Netvibes networking Online Communities online presence online reputation Pageflakes passwords pedagogy Phishing photos professional RSS safety security SEO shortcuts Slideshare social business social media revolution Social network Social Networking Socialnomics social presence StreetView Symbaloo tagging tips Tumblr Tweet Chat Twitter video Vine Wikimedia Foundation Wikipedia WordPress YouTube
- Good practice tips for professional social media profiles
- Social media etiquette – some useful reminders
- 10 Ways to use Twitter in Teaching
- Take a look at using Diigo the social bookmarking tool you can access anywhere
- Tips on Using Twitter for Conferences and Events: Ideas for Organisers and Participants
Category Archives: Google
Did you know that you can easily monitor the web for content and be notified of the results by using Google Alerts? Start by simply choosing a key word that is relevant to the topic you wish to research. If … Continue reading
Google Search has finally added a simple way to search for images that have reuse rights! First of all enter your search keyword, then click on Images. You will then see Search tools. Select this and it reveals Usage Rights … Continue reading
http://maps.google.com/help/maps/streetview/gallery/index.html I follow Google in Education on Google+ and come across a variety of interesting posts. For those not familiar with Google+ take a look at the information I’ve written about this social networking site. The post that caught my eye on … Continue reading
Introducing the all-new Google Drive. Now access your files, even the big ones, from wherever you are. Share them with whomever you want, and edit them together in real time.