SocialMedia4UsThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media Blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Using Pinterest to bookmark those special things buried in the too-wide web
- A Dr Seuss inspired Guide to using Twitter
- A scaffolded approach to develop digital and social media skills to support PERSONALised student PPDP
- Emoticons and emojis: a brief introduction to the history and current use in social media dialogue
- Quick tip on how to disable autoplay of videos on Facebook and conserve your data allowance
Monthly Archives: December 2012
The sharing of images online through social media sites has become increasingly easy to do. Many of us can now take a photo using our mobile phone and share almost instantly via our digital social channels such as Facebook and … Continue reading
On my Twitter page I have listed some of the words and abbreviations associated with Twitter and tweeting. These include: RT or Retweet – this is when a message is reused and the originator is acknowledged MT or Modified Tweet – a retweet that has been … Continue reading
YouTube continues to provide a social forum that entertains us through videos uploaded by individuals all over the world. In it’s 7th year (yes prior to 2005 there was no YouTube!) is now owned by Google. Three hours of video … Continue reading